The Suicide Prevention Task Force primary focus is to raise awareness, educate, train and support our community by developing and sustaining partnerships, providing technical assistance, and contributing to policy and legislative initiatives related to suicide prevention.
The City of Las Cruces is a compassionate city that believes Living Is For Everyone.
To reduce and eliminate suicide in our community.
1. Building awareness, educating, and training the community on suicide and suicide prevention
2. Reducing stigma, secrecy, and myths about suicide and those who contemplate and or choose suicide
3. Building partnerships and collaborations with others interested in suicide prevention
4. Advocating, supporting and empowering people who are seeking assistance
5. Providing technical assistance and helping craft policy and legislative initiatives related to suicide and suicide prevention
ABOUT THE TASK FORCE
The Suicide Prevention Task Force was founded by Mayor Pro Tem Kasandra A. Gandara in 2016 after a series of completed suicides by youth and a prominent city councilor. It was her intention to bring awareness to the problem, advocate for quality mental health services and most importantly to bring hope to those that feel so alone.
TASK FORCE LEADERSHIP
TASK FORCE CHAIRMAN
TASK FORCE VICE CHAIRMAN & TREASURER
TASK FORCE SECRETARY